What You Do, What We Do
- Sign Partner School Agreement (eg recruit fairly/follow our QA, data protection, intellectual property – standard issues)
- Approve programme document text that we draft (eg entry requirements, description of your school);
- Put ‘Train to teach with us’ tab on your school website using suggested text
- Circulate our parent letter (not compulsory)
- Set some open times to show prospective applicants around your school (optional)
- Shortlist in a timely manner
- Theoretically arrange second placement, but this is achieved 99% of time through WLTSA centrally coordinated swops
- Operate professional studies programme
- Administer requests for places via NCTL/DfE
- Sign partnership agreements with universities and formalise relationships with partner schools through a Partner School Agreement.
- Provide School Direct handbook but Teaching School office available throughout the day to provide advice and assistance.
- Draft your programme text and upload it to UCAS; set up your UCAS login so you can see applications ‘live’.
- Market your programmes though leaflets to university careers offices, attendance and hosting of recruitment fairs, etc
- Administer and QA recruitment/training, supporting schools.
- Set up centralised WLTSA trainee summer induction; provision of extra trainee seminars, teach meets, extra experience days; general support re professional studies programmes and mentor training.
- Receive School Direct funding centrally (from universities and the EFA) and distribute this as appropriate to partner schools.
- Coordinate second placement swops as far as possible