SALARIED PRIMARY PROGRAMMES
- WLTSA pays the university fees.
- The host school employs the trainee throughout the training programme, paying them a salary and trainees are therefore not entitled to bursaries or student loans.
- Trainee salaries are commonly (and cannot be lower than) Point 1 on the ‘Unqualified Teacher Pay Range’ which is revised yearly but is not yet published for 2018-19. The level for 2017-18, for a school in Inner London is £20,900
UNSALARIED PRIMARY PROGRAMMES
The trainee pays the university tuition fees of £9,250
- For the 2018-19 cohort, the government is providing no bursaries at all for those on general primary programmes but is paying £6,000 tax free for those on Primary with Maths programmes for which you need a good grade at A-Level Maths. Please check the bursaries table on the DfE's Get into Teaching website for eligibility for the 'Primary with maths' bursaries and also generally for student loan information. www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/funding.
- To compensate for the minimal government bursaries for primary, WLTSA believes that it is unique in providing several general primary and 'with maths' programmes (marked on the vacancies table as Group A programmes) which additionally come with a bursary from the host school. Please see the relevant programme information documents (linked through the green buttons on our vacancy page) for further details about these school bursaries which range from £2,000 to £10,000.
|Ashburnham Community School, SW10||£4,500 & £9,000|
|Avonmore Primary School, W14||£4,500 & £9,000|
|Barnes Primary School||£4,500 & £9,000|
|Barlby Primary School, W10||£6,000|
|Bevington Primary School, W10||£6,000|
|Bousfield Primary School, SW5||£8,000|
|Colville Primary School, W11||£4,000|
|Earl's Court Free School Primary, W6||£6,000|
|Fox Primary School, W8||£4,500 & £9,000|
|Kensington Primary Academy||£6,000|
|Oratory Primary School, SW3||£2,000|
|Randolph Beresford Early Year's Centre, W12||£4,000|
|St Clement & St James CE Primary, W11||£6,000|
|St James & St John CE Primary, W2||£6,000|
|St Mary of the Angels Catholic Primary, W2||£3,000|
|St Peter's CE Primary, W9||£6,000|
|Thomson House School||£10,000|
|Vanessa Nursery School, W12||£4,000|
|West London Free School Primary, W6||£6,000|