Exclusive London Opportunities
Exclusive London opportunities
- Trainee teachers can benefit from an 18+student Oyster photocard discount and get 30% off the price of adult-rate Travelcards and Bus & Tram Pass season tickets.
- The Greater London Authority's London Curriculum uses the capital to bring the national curriculum to life at key stages 2 and 3. Join the programme, and you’ll get access to a wide range of free teaching resources to inspire your students. You’ll also enjoy London Curriculum Lates (evening events for teachers).
- Learn from the Mayor's Schools for Success. These are chosen by the Mayor based on the brilliant progress they have made with students who had low attainment previously. You can read the profiles of the schools, arrange visits and attend free events.
- The GLA's London Ambitions portal makes it easy for schools, colleges and employers to connect – giving students valuable experience of the world of work. It’s a great way for teachers to explore the careers available in London. It also gives students access to the best careers education programmes, work experience and more.
- Getting Ahead London helps talented senior leaders with personalised coaching and mentoring to become future heads or principals at some of the most rewarding and challenging schools in London. Last year, a third of the 60 scheme participants were promoted. A quarter were offered headships by the end of their year.
- London has loads of cultural opportunities for schools like the Mayor’s Schools Music Excellence Award to celebrate schools which show an outstanding commitment to music. There’s also Gigs, London’s biggest busking competition for young musical talents, and the Fourth Plinth Schools Awards.
- Over 1,900 London schools have joined Healthy Schools London. This programme highlights the benefits of good mental as well as physical health. It promotes walking, cycling or scooting to school, active play, staff training, healthy eating and playground zones.
- All London schools can visit City Hall. Your students can come and learn more about London, how it is governed and how to get involved in democracy. To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up to the Mayor’s termly newsletter for London schools.