We provide a wide range of professional development opportunities for staff throughout their career journey from NQTs to headship. Full details are listed in the tabs above, with a summary below.
- STOP PRESS: We are running an FGM training session for primary and secondary schools on 9 November, and full details will be uploaded shortly.
- NQT CPD programmes for primary and secondary (and NQT ratification)
- Improving Teacher Programme (in collaboration with OLEVI, The Centre for Leadership in Teaching & Learning). This is delivered through six 3-hour sessions including learning walks and lesson observations
- Leadership Programmes (including Early Leadership; NPQ Middle Leadership; NPQ Senior Leadership; NPQ Facilitator training; Shepherding Talent (for those aspiring to leadership in a Catholic School); and leaders for London/Aspiring Heads programme) We can also facilitate shadowing opportunities for your staff. If you wish these can be reciprocal, but this is not a requirement.
- Good Practice Networks for both primary and secondary. WLTSA coordinates free Good Practice networks which meet termly for a range of primary and secondary subjects.
- Directed CPD: We have an extensive range of pre-planned primary CPD opportunities and full details are available through the tab. Further details on our secondary CPD will follow..
- Research & development: access to key research documents through this tab and opportunities for your school to become involved in WLTSA research; and to suggest areas of focus.