Examples of WLTSA School To School Support Work
- We have deployed our secondary maths SLE to a local primary school to assist in the teaching of level 6 maths. Attainment levels up from 5c to 5a
- Our secondary History SLE was deployed to secondary school ‘A’ following departure of several department staff to help advise the department on GCSE preparation and assessment. Secondary MFL expert then also deployed to the same school. This work was later extended to include shadowing days for senior staff at another secondary school ‘B’ and this was then reciprocated with staff from secondary school ‘B’ visiting ‘A’ for shadowing days. We can all learn from one another.
- We have deployed our early reading and writing primary SLE to several schools to deliver bespoke phonics training to teachers and teaching assistants in the early years, key stage 1 and key stage 2.
- Our primary maths SLEs have worked with a school to develop its mastery curriculum in key stage 2. The maths SLEs worked with the subject lead to design the curriculum overview, co-plan and co-deliver staff meetings, co-plan units of work, model lessons and conduct coaching observations.
- Our SLEs have worked with a school to develop a number of areas during an interim period without stable school leadership. Primarily, we have supported the development of the EYFS and teaching and learning in Key Stage 1. This has happened through co-planning, modelled lessons and coaching observations.