School To School Support
School improvement is a priority for everyone and we firmly believe that all schools should be givers and receivers of support. WLTSA aims to facilitate collaboration and the sharing of good practice amongst us all. We can achieve this in a number of ways.
At subject/department level this can be through the provision of Good Practice Networks (GPNs) and details of these can be found in our professional development tab.
WLTSA will explore the sharing of teaching resources and we can already broker shadowing days at range of different levels and phases.
Specialist Leaders of Education
The ability to request specialist expertise is often overlooked as a possibility by schools. Most Teaching School Alliances will have recruited a range of experts who can be deployed to help other schools in a variety of ways. These experts are not just teachers but could also include administrative experts such as School Business Managers. These experts are referred to as Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs).
They could be deployed just for a morning to provide advice or to run a twilight CPD session for you, or on a more regular basis.
- Problem: Your head of History has resigned and there was not time to fill the post before the start of next term
- Solution: You could call upon our experienced History SLE to pop in to provide support to your acting department head, until the post was filled.
Please click on the tabs above to learn more about support that WLTSA has brokered and provided to schools; details of all our current SLEs who are available for you to draw on as necessary, and details of how book an SLE and how to become one.
Do contact us if you would like to explore any aspect of collaborative school improvement. We welcome all ideas about ways in which we can provide or receive support.
CONTACTS FOR SCHOOL TO SCHOOL SUPPORT
If you would like to speak with us about any support that the West London Teaching School Alliance could provide to your school please email either:
- Caitriona Powell (Assistant Head, Director of WLTSA) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marian Doyle (Headteacher, Executive Director WLTSA) email@example.com
- Alex Dijkhuis who manages the Teaching School day to day is also Marian’s PA and is available on 0208 748 7600 adijkhuis@sacredh,lbhf.sch.uk